Wednesday 28 July 2010

Raggedy Rosie...

On the Easel......

An artist need never be short of inspiration. You only have to look round your home..There is always something to paint.

Today I wanted to paint something different ..I have a Teddy started already, but Rosie captured my eye as I  walked through the room...She has a lovely bright pretty dress and orangey blonde hair, just right for painting on a bright sunny day...


Rosie is a Rag Doll that Dave bought me in Ireland. I sat her on the garden bench to capture the sunlight. Fortunately i took some photos to work from as the sun went in...

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I really love this one Stephie, very special!

Stephie Butler said...

Thanks Ruth...Fingers crossed....

Sadami said...

Dear Stephie,
How cute!!! Very lovely!!
Please pass my best wishes to Rosie.
Cheers,
Sadami

Stephie Butler said...

I sure will Sadami :D.......Thank you....

Sharon Williamson said...

Gorgeous piece Stephie. A great demonstration of less is more!

Pat said...

What a pretty, fun piece. She's absolutely delightful xx

Marian Fortunati said...

I scrolled down to make a comment about your upcoming show and .....


WOW!!!!! I just have to say that Rosie is absolutely spectacular!!

devotedmomof7 said...

Absolutely precious! I love your excellent skill at editing. I wish I could stop when the impact hits most like this! WOW!

Stephie Butler said...

Thanks Sharon...Unfortunately I did some more, I know now I should have left this as is.Oh well , onto another. :)

Stephie Butler said...

Thanks so much Pat. I think I'll be doing a few of her..

Stephie Butler said...

Thanks so much Jan...

Stephie Butler said...

Thank you so much Marian, really appreciate it....

Stephie Butler said...

Thanks so much Cheryl..Sad to say I went and touched it..This one is a present to my granddaughter Zahrah, so I'll have to do another :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails