Wednesday 13 July 2011

SOLD "Sunday Morning"

I was thrilled to get a phone call to say that this painting had sold at the Dovecote gallery Summer Exhibition.  I hope the new owners get as much pleasure out of it as I did painting it. Thank you....




Since I last shared this painting on my blog it has had a little change to it, just a bit more detail to the newspaper and some touches to the face...Unfortunately I didn't take another photo of it. I also made a change to the title, previously it was "Morning News".....

12 comments:

Sharon Williamson said...

Congratulations on another sale!

Studio at the Farm said...

Congradulations on the sale. I do so love your loose technique.

jyothisethu said...

Stephie

i love your style of painting...
the soft nice dabs of color...
the little the better seems to be your style...
and it is amazing...
lots to learn for an artist or art lover...

great...

congratulations...

Ann Buckner said...

Hooray, hooray, hooray!!! I'm so thrilled for you.

olivia said...

Stephie, you know how to capture people in a watercolor world !

Stephie Butler said...

Sharon thank you so much, and for all your continued support..

Stephie Butler said...

Kathryn, thank you...I just stopped by and saw your beautiful flower, lovely work...

Stephie Butler said...

jyothisethu ..thank you very much, what a lovely compliment, it's very much appreciated...

Stephie Butler said...

Hi Ann, thanks so much for stopping by.....Who new when we starting painting this one that this would happen...

Stephie Butler said...

Olivia, thank you so much....I think a lot of it has to do with enjoying your subject.. I got hooked on portraits and people and love to paint them...

Sadami said...

Hi, Stephie,
No surprise that the your work was sold! Very attractive. Thank you for sharing the precious process, too.
Kind regards,Sadami

Stephie Butler said...

Thank you so much Sadami...Coming from a great artist as yourself this is such a compliment...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails