Tuesday 17 June 2014

Associate Member of The Society of Women Artists



I can't tell you how thrilled I was to receive a letter back in May to inform me that I had been elected as an associate member of The Society of Women Artists. I have a great admiration for this society and have been submitting work each year, each year being fortunate in having some work selected for their Annual Exhibition at the Mall Galleries in London, along with selling each year.


The Society has a limit of 150 members so to be part of this is such a great honour. Each year of being selected has been a great achievement in itself and made me even more determined to work harder for the next in the hope one day the dream will come true. This year it happened and it still feels somewhat of a dream. With all 6 paintings being accepted, three will be hung at this years exhibition.



I find inspiration on a whole new level since submitting work into various exhibitions, even though on many occasions not succeeding. The initial feeling of disappointment, wondering if it's all worth it and wanting to give up soon changes to a renewed determination to succeed, with the realisation that my work needs to be of a better standard if I want to make it, so I begin again. This in turn leads you into experimenting, pushing your boundaries that bit further each time. I would always encourage any artist to do this, keep trying, dreams do come true if you work hard enough. 



8 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

Congradulations, Stephie, on your acceptance to SWA!!
Kathryn

Polly Birchall said...

I am not surprised you were accepted, your work is unique and beautiful. Good luck with the exhibition

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Stephie! What an honour!

Sheila said...

Congratulations to you!

Stephie Butler said...

Thanks so much Kathryn.

Stephie Butler said...

Thank you so much Polly for such a lovely comment.

Stephie Butler said...

Thanks Patty, still getting my head round it :D

Stephie Butler said...

Thank you so much Sheila...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails