Thursday 16 August 2012

Hidden Tears ...SOLD

SOLD at PV of Essex in Mayfair...




Monday I spent a most wonderful evening at the opening preview of the Essex in Mayfair Exhibition. I really enjoy these occasions as it's a chance to chat with lots of other fellow artists, catch up on what they've been doing and how they are getting on. There is such a wide variety of artists working in various mediums and subjects, means the work is so interestingly different, always making for great topics of discussions. 


The exhibition was opened by Tom Coates, as our president Ken Howard is away. Tom is a wonderful artist and a very entertaining gentleman all round. He chose a wonderful landscape painting of London which was awarded the Ken Howard prize, and the rest of the evening we tested the wine of course and admired the art work on display. 


I was thrilled towards the end of the evening to have sold one of my paintings. The highlight for me being to actually meet the buyer. I'm always intrigued to know where the paintings are going, what appeals to them about it, why they want to buy it. On this occasions I chatted with the lovely young lady for quite some time which was thoroughly enjoyable. We talked about the collection I was working on "Children of the World", what grabbed me to paint these children in the first place,  the emotions I was trying to get across to the viewer and why, which she totally understand having the same love for Africa. It was really so wonderful to talk with her.


 "Hidden Tears" part of the Children of the World collection


 The Exhibition is still open until Sunday

54 The Gallery
Shepherd's Market
London
W1J 7QX





4 comments:

witte's end studio said...

sounds like a lovely evening and capped off with a sale! what could be better? oh, i know; meeting the buyer! congratulations, stephie. i'm glad to see you posting here more and always look forward to your next one.

Watermarycolors said...

wonderful portrait! i love his eyes..
Cheers!

Stephie Butler said...

Thank you so much Bob. I always love reading your comments, and really do appreciate all the support you've given me.

Stephie Butler said...

Mari.Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment, really means a lot....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails