Tuesday 22 March 2011

Morning News...

A quick sketch for a painting. From a photo by Redfloor on Stock.xchng that is the photo of the month on our portrait group blog.

I find if I do a couple of these it gets me familiar to the character before I paint it. That and I love to draw as well.....

I can't stress how valuable it is to draw each day, especially if you want to learn how to paint portraits.

Being familiar with how the face is structured and where the features sit in relation to each other, allows you to concentrate on colour and tone when it comes to the painting...









*******
Special thanks to Redfloor on Stock.xchng for the use of this wonderful photo.

2 comments:

Ann Buckner said...

Love the flow of the lines in this sketch. Wonderful

Stephie Butler said...

Thanks Ann.... I'm really getting back into sketching and really enjoying it..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails