Sunday 19 September 2010

Time to Reflect.....SOLD.....

Lord Mayor & Lady Mayoress buys "Time to Reflect"


I attended the Bert Hamilton Awards at the Dovecote gallery at the end of the exhibition, where I was shortlisted into the last ten with my painting "Time to Reflect". After the awards were presented to joint winners this year, of a wonderful oil scene of the Gallery and a Magnificent Marquetry of a sweet shop, I was approached by a gentleman and informed that someone would like to meet me. It was the Lord Mayor & Lady Mayoress of  Redbridge,  they told me how much they loved my work and especially that painting, which they would like to buy. I was so thrilled I was almost in tears. This really meant so much, as I only started exhibiting this year. The feeling that someone likes your work so much they would want to hang it in their home is indescribable. Although it was a little sad to see it go as it had special memories for me, I knew it was going to someone who appreciated it so much. 

I painted this while sitting in the Tuscan mountains with two wonderful friends Joanna & Cathy. It was also a kind of turning point for me as it was with this painting that I entered my first competition, The Ken Bromley Cover Competition, where I became 2nd runner up.

Thank you so much, I hope it gives you as much pleasure as it has me.....

* * * * *

 The two winners and short-listed artists.

14 comments:

Deb Townsend said...

Congratulations Stephie! No one I know deserves this more than you. You are an amazing talent and I know there is so much more to come for you!!! Be blessed!

Carrie Waller Watercolors said...

Congratulations!! You are an inspiration, I'm about to enter my first exhibition in October, I loved reading your wonderful experience. Wishing you many more of these great experiences:)

Pat said...

Congrats on your sale - and for doing so well at the Exhibition xx

Karen Martin Sampson said...

It is always hard to let go of a favorite "child" but going to such an appreciative home is so wonderful! Congratulations.

Krista Hasson said...

Stephie Congratulations. It is no surprise to me your work is fantastic.

Stephie Butler said...

Deb.....Thank you so much, you know I appreciate all your support..

Stephie Butler said...

Thanks so much Carrie....I can't believe your just entering your first exhibition though, your work is amazing... I'm so happy if I can encourage other artist's as my friends helped, I think we all need that gentle push and I'll always be thankful to them..

Good luck with your exhibition, I know your work will sell itself..

Stephie Butler said...

Thanks so much Pat, always appreciate you taking the time to stop by and comment.

Stephie Butler said...

You are so right Karen, and thank you.

For a long time I didn't want to let go of any of my work, but I think i'm ready now and it has forced me to work on a new collection which I am really enjoying..

Dhiraj Deka (D.D) said...

It’s really nice to know about “Time to Reflect”. Congratulations!!

Claire M said...

Congratulations. Awesome paintings...

Stephie Butler said...

Hi Jane.....Than you so much for stopping by, really means a lot...

Stephie Butler said...

Thank you so much D.D. Appreciate your comment very much.

Stephie Butler said...

Many thanks Claire..Must admit I was a bit sorry to see this one go.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails