Thursday 23 September 2010

Flower of Dreams......



      As the Roses in the garden are coming to an end, I picked a couple before the rain soaked the petals, as one was already beginning to fall...

     Starting with the centre of one, no pre drawing, just pigment & water, I stopped looking at the flower in my hand and merrily carried on painting....I was in another world for a while and my imagination did the rest. I think they still have a resemblance of Roses, but for me they are more of a flower of dreams

8 comments:

Carrie Waller Watercolors said...

Beautiful! I love that you got swept away with this painting, so pretty and romantic.

Pat said...

they are beautiful, dreamy flowers. So pretty!

Ann Buckner said...

Love, love the colors in the flowers and the greens. This one is special.

Prabal said...

I love there flowers, whatever they may be..

Stephie Butler said...

Thanks so much Carrie... I was in a world of my own there for a while.

Stephie Butler said...

Thanks pat..I'm going to try a larger version hopefully today...

Stephie Butler said...

Many thanks Ann.. Really appreciate your comment..

Stephie Butler said...

Thank you so much Prabal for stopping by and taking the time to comment..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails