Sunday 25 July 2010

Nature Lover.....


Melissa is a very special friend of mine and one of the kindest people I have come to know, along with being a talented artist, dog trainer and writer. She has a such a love for all nature that surrounds her and spends most of her time amongst it, along with a passion for animals like no one else I know. Her dogs are a very big part of her life, of which she spends her working life training others. 

Please take some time to look at Melissa's websites below, and share in her passion and love of all nature.

Melissa's daughter Arielle took this photo down at the Hudson River while Melissa was painting the river view, you can see the squint her eye from the strong sunlight. I painted this without Melissa knowing and am so glad she has allowed me to share it with you. I hope I captured even a small part of the beautiful person I have the privilege to call my friend.

Thank you Melissa for being there......

8 comments:

Joanna said...

A fantastic portrait of Melissa, you captured her spirit and the sweet woman she is Perfectly!!!

Maree Clarkson said...

Wow! What a beautiful portrait Stephie! I'm sure Melissa is very proud! Excellent work!

Pat said...

Your skill at watercolour portraits is outstanding. You get such depth and feeling - I admire your work very much xx

Melissa Fischer said...

Stephie, I hardly know what to say. I love the portrait you painted of me; you are so very talented. Your words made me cry-- so kind, so encouraging. I am very thankful for your friendship. Thank you so much...

Stephie Butler said...

Thanks so much Joanna....You've helped my journey in portraits so much, I have a lot to thank you for...xxxx

Stephie Butler said...

Thanks Maree...really appreciate your words...

Stephie Butler said...

Pat..It's comments like yours that really keep me going, thank you. It's hard to believe that little more than a year and a half ago I was nowhere near this stage, and still have a long way to go...Thanks for all your encouraging comments..

Stephie Butler said...

Melissa....You are such a dear person and friend that it was so easy to write what I felt about you. It was a pleasure to paint ...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails