Monday 1 February 2010

Bethan.....


When I had a message from a lovely lady, Shirley, who I met through RedBubble, offering me the use of her photos, should I want to use them as a ref for painting, I jumped at the chance.....Amongst her beautiful work she does wedding photography and I just loved one of them in particular....

This is a quick sketch at Bethan's face to get the likeness, and work with colours. Not quite there yet, but I was quite pleased with it....I am now working on the larger piece....

Colours are slightly off due to photographing in poor light...

My special thanks to Shirley.. sfoxphotography




9 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

This will be a lovely portrait. You and Shirley could have a wonderful partnership - not only photos, but paintings to remember the wedding day!

Anonymous said...

holaaa !!Felicidades por este blog y estas obras tan bellas...
Un saludo
Isabel

Melissa Fischer said...

Beautiful and pensive looking, Stephie! You do portraits so well.

Stephie Butler said...

Thanks so much Christiane..That's an idea already in my head :)..Will keep you posted..

Stephie Butler said...

Jan..Many thanks :)

Stephie Butler said...

Isabel...Gracias gracias por tus palabras. Espero que esto tenga sentido

Stephie

Stephie Butler said...

Thank you Melissa..I really do enjoy painting them so much..Still lots of practice needed though.:)

Gary Keimig said...

Wonderful painting, Stephie.
So light and airy looking.

Stephie Butler said...

Gary, thank you so much for stopping by and commenting, It's very much appreciated. I'm working on the larger piece at the moment, and hope to share it soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails