Tuesday 21 July 2009

Life Carries on...



Firstly I'd like to say a very special thanks to a wonderfully talented photographer Russell Lee Klika for so very kindly allowing me to use his photographs as refs for paintings. His work is outstanding to say the least and I feel truly honoured at being allowed to try and capture his images in paint.

Russell Lee Klika was assigned as a photography trainer to First Army Operation Warrior Trainer program for Public Affairs. In this role he mentored other military photographers. In 2008, he was assigned as the lead photographer to the Army National Guard Bureau’s Strength Readiness Support Centre in Smyrna, Tennessee.

His work has been featured in over 35 magazines, newspapers and web-based galleries worldwide, and has received over 50 First Place honours and Best of Show designations. He is also a frequent contributor to the Guard Experience magazine. In addition he has served as production photographer for film and video. He is currently deployed to Afghanistan with the 2nd Bn 19th Special Forces Group Airborne of the W.va, National Guard

I took this photo with me to France where I have just spent the last 2 weeks relaxing in the most beautiful countryside. I just hope I did some justice to Russells amazing work.


6 comments:

Sandeep Khedkar said...

Hi Stephie
Its a beautiful painting! The local flavor is all over!

Jutta said...

Wow this is axcellent!!!
Love the strong darks

I hope you had a wonderful holiday

Stephie Butler said...

Sandeep.Thank you so much. I couldn't have done this though with out the wonderful photograph, it was such an inspiration....

Stephie

Stephie Butler said...

Thank you so much Jutta... The holiday was great and so relaxing.

Stephie

Joanne said...

Thanks for the follow. I love your work...Fresh and alive. It reminds me why I love watercolor so much.

Stephie Butler said...

Thanks you Joanna for stopping by. I too loved your work, although I am still trying to catch up with comments after being away. i will be back there soon when I can spend the times to enjoy it more.

Thanks again
Stephie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails