Tuesday 30 June 2009

Venetian Parade


This is another in my Carnival series of Venetian masks.

Another from my to do list and amongst the photo refs I had taken with me to Italy.

I started it whilst I was there and finally managed to finish this up yesterday. Not entirely happy with it as I didn't match the colours right, never mind, it's all a learning curve.

Special thanks to photographer Edoardo Stefani who I've since discovered comes from Lucca, italy, close to where we were staying.

Fabriano Artistico 1/4 Sheet
Various paints

6 comments:

Krista Hasson said...

Stephie, this is truly mesmerizing. It is beautiful!

Stephie Butler said...

Thanks you so much Krista, I really apppreciate you taking the time to stop by & comment. I'm building up quite a collection now..

Anonymous said...

Stephie, you are really doing some beautiful work these days! I'm so glad I found your blog and plan to keep up with you. I've missed you,

Pat Stephens

Stephie Butler said...

Thanks Pat.....It's really nice to hear from you again....

Sandeep Khedkar said...

Hi Stephie
This painting is extremely beautiful. The eyes behind the mask put so much life into it. Sort of showcasing the hidden emotions behind the mask that people may put on in their journey of life...Wonderful! It has so much meaning filled to the brim!!!
Sandeep

Stephie Butler said...

Thanks so much Sandeep for dropping by and leaving such a lovely comment. I only just found your blog today, I've been really tied up lately with being away, but promise to catch up very soon with it.

Thanks again
Stephie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails