Wednesday 14 January 2015

Watercolour Portrait of Zahrah . . .

"Zahrah"
Watercolour on Arches
© Stephie Butler

It's been a slow start to 2015 for me painting wise, but I managed to get back to it and put the finish touches on this one today. I'm so fortunate to have a beautiful granddaughter as a subject. I've painting her a few times now and feel with each one I get nearer to capturing her personality, I have to say I think this is my best and my favourite.




This started out as a demo for a student towards the end of last year and this shows it after the initial wash and an added touch to the eyes.




Next stage was adding more layers and building it up gently. On such a young child with a sweet expression you need to keep it soft.











If you would like to learn how to paint like this, come join me on a paintiing holiday in France. All abilities welcome and don't worry if you are a beginner as everyones receives lots of one to one help and advice during the workshops.

For details contact Drew & Bix at  www.francepaintingholiday.com 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails