Friday, 20 September 2013

SWA Society of Women Artists Exhibition.

I know I have a lot to catch up on here and this one is very late but wanted to make sure I remembered to post about the SWA Exhibition and what an amazing day it was.

My friend Joanna had made a promise to me that if I got in this year, she would come and stay, and we are talking about from Holland here, and join me in going to the preview day. I hadn't attended in the past couple of years for a variety of reasons, but was determined to go this year. Thank you Joanna it meant a lot.

What also made it really special this year was that I and my work was introduced by the President, Sue Jelly, to the Patron HRH Princess Michael of Kent who opened the Exhibition. If that wasn't enough I sold one of the paintings too. Wow, what a day it turned out to be and one I will always remember.

 Joanna managed to grab a couple of photos for me .





I have to say I found the standard even higher this year than it normally is. There were so many outstanding paintings I was left wondering how I managed to get these two in.  I would encourage every woman artist to enter this exhibition, it truly is a wonderful Society.

http://www.society-women-artists.org.uk/
 
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails