Thursday 6 December 2012

Santa Ho, ho ho... Voted Best painting

Voted Best painting by members.....

I've just got back from the AGM and Christmas bash of one of the Art Societies I belong too, and am so thrilled that Ho, ho, ho... was voted Best Painting by the members.

I hadn't got quite caught up to sharing this painting on my blog yet, I was saving it until I had got the cards and everything ready so I didn't bore you with too many posts about it. Anyway, I painted this Santa with special thanks and much gratitude to the photographer Julia Freeman-Woolpertfor allowing the use of her photo. I did plump the face up a bit and round the nose off as I wanted it to look like a real old fashioned Santa.



I have just had this printed onto cards and will hopefully have them up on here and my website tomorrow for sale. All profits will be going to a special children's fund, but that deserves a post of it's own so i'll tell you more about that in the next post when the cards are packaged and ready to go... 


Thank you so much to all my friends at the Ilford Art Society and all my friends that continually support me, it's been a great year :) ........


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails