Saturday 29 September 2012

Portfolio book published and on sale....

          So..yet again I haven't kept up with posting here, but I have been busy painting and stuff, along with daily life, adding the bonus of the arrival of another gorgeous new grandson into that as well.

                Self publishing a portfolio of works......This is something like lots of other projects that is still on the to do list. Until recently that is, well actually like only a few days prior to publishing this on Blurb, talk about last  minute. It started when a good friend of mine Ruth Harris, pointed out that I may have missed a great offer on RedBubble. Seems they had teamed up with Blurb to give away a chance for you to publish you own book, and all for free other than P&P and any extras you decide on, which is where you have to restrain yourself. It's only a small 7 x 7inch, but still, it's free, so who's gonna not do it. 

 Watercolour Dreams, a creative journey.....

I spent a few days and late nights getting this put together and only just made the deadline. I have to thank Ruth so much for being at the other end of the email system. She was answering questions non stop as I was working on it, saving me so much time, as she had all ready been through it all and finished hers. You can see Ruth's book Here. please take a look, it's full of her gorgeous floral paintings.......

 It covers some of my work over the last couple of years, just a little part of the journey so far and I've tried best to incorporate everyone's  favorite pieces. Once I started on this project I must admit I did get a little hooked. I've always loved playing around with design, setting things out etc, and soon found I had to stop myself and get back to the basics of this as I was running out of time. Maybe I won't leave the next one until the last minute, that way I get to enjoy playing with it more, probably won't but the thought is there anyway.....

For Sale...
          The initial reason for having a portfolio is to be able to share your with others, especially those paintings that have already sold. It will come in especially useful when showing prospective clients looking to commission work, and having it sitting on the table at Exhibitions for everyone to browse would be very nice as well, so I may think about a larger version. 

Using these self publishing companies  online gives you the opportunities to be able to sell your books as well. although you do have to purchase one yourself before being able to do this, but who wouldn't want one after all the hard work that you put into doing it, and it is your work after all. 

I have made it available for sale if anyone is interested and it's also available as an ebook HERE too. Would love to know what you think of it if you have the time to leave a comment or email me it would be very much appreciated. 

I really did get so much enjoyment out of putting this together, and even if it is only for me, I'm still proud of it. It gives me a real sense of what I have achieved over the time it covers , so it really doesn't matter if I don't sell any to anyone else, I really don't mind at all, what I do hope though is that you enjoy browsing through it.

Now to achieve something else from the long To Do list :)



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails