Wednesday, 19 October 2011

My Dream.....

I often have many different paintings on the go at one time, and nowadays in different media as well, as i'm trying out others.....
 
This is a watercolour I started whilst in Holland staying with my friend Joanna. It got put aside as I was concentrating on her teaching me oils and Acrylics.

This is another of babasteve's wonderful reference photos, and I can't thank him enough for his generosity in sharing. I usually start with a drawing and once i'm happy with that erase almost all the lines so I can barely see it.

 Staring of with delicate washes....




A close up of the eyes on the first wash.



 Eventually picking this up again some while after I returned, I almost left it at this stage. The ref photo is of an African boy, and I am loving painting anything Africa at the moment. The problem was, although I liked it as it stood, it didn't say Africa to me, so on I went after letting it sit for a week or so....








This is where it is now and i'm calling it finished. I'm happy with it, but wondering if I was happier at the last stage.....Should I have left it?...I suppose it all comes down to personal taste in the end.




 My Dream




Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails