Saturday 25 September 2010

Little Princess in Colour....

I am lucky to have three venues showing my work on the Wanstead Art Trail. Having a portrait in Wanstead House as part of the Portrait club I attend there on Friday evenings, three paintings in The George Public House, and six in a wonderful little high street shop, called the Art Shop.



The Art Shop..
117c High Street Wanstead
London
E11 2RL
020 89890154
After initially being 1 maybe 2 paintings to go up in the shop I took along a selection for them to choose from. They really liked  my work and took 6 to display. I was so thrilled with this and would like to say a heartfelt thank you to them.  Its through people like this and all the others who have been generous enough to display art that our work gets seen, hopefully helping bring people back to using local shops as well.

Along with Art Supplies and framing, this treasure of a shop sells the most beautiful gifts, furniture and accessories, mostly in a Shabby Chic style which I love.



They had asked if I could paint a heading to go along side my work on the display. I wanted to show a portrait as I know take commissions and decided to use the photo of my granddaughter Zahrah. It was very quickly done as time was short, so about 30 mins for the portrait. I had painted the lettering when my little devil cat Taz decided he would help. He leapt at my brush sending it and the paint across the painting. I quickly has to wash out the colour as much as I can, then strengthen all the lettering so it would show better..Not ideal but it did the job :D

3 comments:

Pauline x said...

Your work is beautiful Stephie.... lively and free. Congatulations.... and thank you for making contact.
Warm regards...
Pauline

Arti said...

Congratulations, Stephie.Your work is so beautiful!I love those images.

Sadami said...

Dear Steph,
Congratulations!! I sincerely hope you will get success. The uploaded work is so lovely and cute. Thank you for sharing it.
Kind regards, Sadami

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails