Monday 8 March 2010

Light as a feather.......

Line, colour, form, texture.....How to show these with watercolour & Ink

3 paintings to do for the  art course. We were given a quails egg and a feather. First to paint the still life in watercolour, showing how to create texture with different movements of the brush. Next to draw the set up in pen and ink showing the form. Then onto the last where we will combine both. how much ink to put on it to give it form without adding too much...

I only managed the get the 1st one done so have bought it home to finish.......that was until Taz my dear little monster of a kitten got hold hold of the feather...I need to go find a new one :D...

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautifully delicate, the feather looks like it could be blown away by a soft breath.

Hope you can find another feather, there aren't too many about at this time of year!

Billie Crain said...

Stephie, your feather looks so delicate as does the egg. I'm anxiously awaiting what you do with the other mediums, especially the w/c and ink.

Christiane Kingsley said...

Stephie,
You certainly managed to show the beautiful delicacy and lightness of the feather. I hope that you will be able to find a new one in order to finish your assignment.

Stephie Butler said...

Ruth.....Thank you so much and for stopping by...I'll pop over the lake tomorrow, keeping fingers crossed.

Stephie Butler said...

Thanks so much Billy.... I did start the ink, will put it here when i'm finished.....I'm looking forward to doing the 2 combined...I've always loved using ink.

Stephie Butler said...

Christiane....Many thanks for looking and and really appreciate your comment..I hope so too..

Sandeep Khedkar said...

Very nice work! the lightness of the feather is very well captured.

Stephie Butler said...

Thanks so much Sandeep.. I'm definitely gonna be working on more of these..

Ann Buckner said...

Stephie, love the feather but like the look of the quail egg very much. You have a way with the brush that is exciting.

Unknown said...

Absolutely Beautiful!

Best wishes!

Dana

Stephie Butler said...

Ann..Thank you so much, your comment really does mean a lot..

Stephie Butler said...

Thanks so much Dana for stopping by my Blog, really appreciate it....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails