Thursday 24 September 2009

That Special Moment (Sketch)

This photo I posted a while back was taken by my son of me holding my granddaughter the day she was born....

This was a quick sketch straight in with the brush. done whilst
deciding on the next stage and waiting for another painting to dry ... Using the colours I had already in my palette, and about 15mins. Sometimes I find these turn out better than the ones I spend ages on, probably the lack of pressure.......

I do plan to do this again, taking a bit more care and on better paper....

10 comments:

Cindi said...

15 mintues and no drawing.. you are absolutley amazing.. wow!!! and double wow.. the young nannie, with her beautiful new grandaughter...

norapaints@blogspot.com said...

Wonderful Stephie this is very good for a quick sketch.

Joanna said...

This is a special moment Stephie, and beautifully painted.

Stephie Butler said...

Thanks so much Nora...Think I might do a full one of this.....

Stephie Butler said...

Thanks Joanna....Really appreciate it.

Krista Hasson said...

Wonderful, I see you have found new inspiration, what a joy these little precious gifts are!

Kate at Serendipity said...

Stephie, I love the freshness of this. THe emotion really shines through!

Stephie Butler said...

Thanks Krista... they really are a joy, and I think I'm going to painting this little sweetheart a lot more :D

Stephie Butler said...

Kate..Thanks so much, good to see you.. I always hope that shows through in my work so I really appreciate your comment....

Stephie Butler said...

Cindi.....So sorry for missing your post.Thanks so much for your comment...... Sometimes it's good to just go for it, don't worry about it being a finished piece of work, try it, you'll surprise yourself :D...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails